Software Engineer – Embedded
Are you looking for a truly unique place of work, for a global Automotive brand at their purpose-built headquarters in the UK?
This is your chance to work in an enviable environment, within the fascinating world of automotive testing. The purpose of the role is to develop software for in-house test purposes, to support engineers in system development and testing. Also, to support engineers in the field and follow product development processes.
As a valued employee, you have the responsibility to develop your competence and skills of how and why to work efficiently and effectively. Actively participate and support the development of your team, adapting to organisational and process changes. Monitor and improve the performance of your work and processes you contribute to, addressing deviations or communicate need for support. You are expected and have authority to temporarily stop work or processes if safety, environment or quality is at risk.
£35,000 – £45,000 + Benefits
- A higher-level qualification in an engineering or computer systems related discipline – Essential
- Strong ‘C’ programming language skills – Essential
- ‘C++’ Windows programming – Essential
- Use of ‘Safe C’ subsets (e.g. MISRA) – Preferred
- Experience in a functional safety environment –Preferred
- Appreciation of the specific challenges of real time systems –Preferred
- Appreciation of structured analysis and design techniques – Preferred
- Some exposure to MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow – Beneficial
- Understanding of compilers, linkers, and microcontroller hardware – Beneficial
- Familiarity with emulators and debug tools – Beneficial
REFER A COLLEAGUE AND EARN VOUCHERS – If you feel that this vacancy is not suitable for you, or if you are happy with your current position, we would like to offer you the opportunity to recommend someone to us and earn gift vouchers of your choice. If you have recommended that your friend or colleague telephones our office, please advise them to state your name so that we can log your recommendation. Please note: we can only offer referral fees for candidates that are successfully placed in a new position by PG Automotive. You will be sent your vouchers by first class recorded delivery the day that your recommended candidate starts their new position.
HOW TO APPLY: In the first instance, please forward your CV to the lead Consultant at PG Automotive, Sean Smith, and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your CV.