Project Engineer – Development
Are you looking for a truly unique place of work, for a global Automotive brand at their purpose-built headquarters in the UK?
This is your chance to work in an enviable environment, within the fascinating world of automotive testing. The purpose of the role is to perform testing and report on new air systems products for commercial vehicles prior to their introduction to the market place.
- Undertake all aspects of development and testing for your work to ensure production introduction is successfully achieved in accordance with the relevant product design specifications.
- Plan and implement test programs leading towards product development and Engineering Sign Off. Co-ordinate and liaise with engineering to oversee all development, quality and customer return activities in terms of component / system testing and prototype manufacture.
- The ability to conduct benchmark testing of products for current and future innovations would be beneficial, you will be analyzing test results in order to determine engineering solutions and if necessary utilizing mathematic modelling.
- Able to compile detailed engineering reports through compilation of test data utilizing sound presentation skills to formulate good engineering solutions.
- Control and maintenance of development records for traceability as document custodian.
- Co-ordinate and manage the design and construction of component / system test rigs / equipment to fulfil legislative / customer requirements.
- When required, act as a technical liaison with other departments.
- Assist with the co-ordination of calibration on all rigs to ensure they conform to quality procedures and ISO legislation.
As a valued employee, you have the responsibility to develop your competence and skills of how and why to work efficiently and effectively. Actively participate and support the development of your team, adapting to organisational and process changes. Monitor and improve the performance of your work and processes you contribute to, addressing deviations or communicate need for support. You are expected and have authority to temporarily stop work or processes if safety, environment or quality is at risk.
£35,000 – £42,000 + Benefits
- A degree in engineering discipline, plus 2-3 years’ experience in engineering (automotive, rail or aeronautical) – Essential
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and component inspection methods – Essential
- Specific experience of preventative maintenance and calibration methods- Essential
- Knowledge of automotive engineering (commercial vehicles) and validation methodologies – Preferred
- Knowledge / use of QS9001 / APQP procedures –Preferred
- Operation and construction of test platforms including test rigs and pneumatic architecture –Preferred
- Experience in use of mechanical laboratory test equipment – Preferred
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems as they apply to truck and heavy trailers – Preferred
- Working knowledge of FMEA and DVP&R process –Beneficial
REFER A COLLEAGUE AND EARN VOUCHERS – If you feel that this vacancy is not suitable for you, or if you are happy with your current position, we would like to offer you the opportunity to recommend someone to us and earn gift vouchers of your choice. If you have recommended that your friend or colleague telephones our office, please advise them to state your name so that we can log your recommendation. Please note: we can only offer referral fees for candidates that are successfully placed in a new position by PG Automotive. You will be sent your vouchers by first class recorded delivery the day that your recommended candidate starts their new position.
HOW TO APPLY: In the first instance, please forward your CV to the lead Consultant at PG Automotive, Sean Smith, and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your CV.