Project Engineer – Design
Are you looking for a truly unique place of work, for a global Automotive brand at their purpose-built headquarters in the UK?
This is your chance to work in an enviable environment, within the fascinating world of automotive testing. The purpose of the role is to design of mechanical components for use in air systems on commercial vehicles.
- Support the development of the product from conception through to manufacture.
- Create 3D models along with associated and detailed 2D drawings to enable manufacture.
- Utilise calculations and design aids as appropriate to meet design specifications.
- Meet cost and timing targets to enable a commercially viable product.
- Communicate with external suppliers, the appropriate internal departments and personnel to optimize manufacturability, cost and performance requirements.
- Produce specifications for components to include material, finish, etc.
- Project manage internal project or design aspects of an external resource.
As a valued employee, you have the responsibility to develop your competence and skills of how and why to work efficiently and effectively. Actively participate and support the development of your team, adapting to organisational and process changes. Monitor and improve the performance of your work and processes you contribute to, addressing deviations or communicate need for support. You are expected and have authority to temporarily stop work or processes if safety, environment or quality is at risk.
£35,000 – £42,000 + Benefits
- A degree in mechanical engineering – Essential
- Relevant CAD skills – Essential
- Good working knowledge of BS8888 – Preferred
- Proficient in the use of ProE/Creo CAD to produce 3D models and 2D drawings for components – Preferred
- Working knowledge of design of plastic/rubber moulding –Preferred
- Working knowledge of design of aluminum casting, and plastics –Preferred
- Working knowledge of APQP – Preferred
- Ability to carry out stress calculations –Preferred
- Ability to use PE software to analyse component stress levels from 3D
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems as they apply to truck and heavy trailers – Preferred
- Working knowledge of 8D problem solving process
REFER A COLLEAGUE AND EARN VOUCHERS – If you feel that this vacancy is not suitable for you, or if you are happy with your current position, we would like to offer you the opportunity to recommend someone to us and earn gift vouchers of your choice. If you have recommended that your friend or colleague telephones our office, please advise them to state your name so that we can log your recommendation. Please note: we can only offer referral fees for candidates that are successfully placed in a new position by PG Automotive. You will be sent your vouchers by first class recorded delivery the day that your recommended candidate starts their new position.
HOW TO APPLY: In the first instance, please forward your CV to the lead Consultant at PG Automotive, Sean Smith, and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your CV.