VAC REF - 20344
Workshop Controller – Bodyshop
What springs to mind when you think of an Automotive Bodyshop? A dark, dingy and dirty style shopfloor? Sounds familiar, well this is one bodyshop that certainly doesn’t fit that sterotype.
An expanding business who are cash rich, with state of the art equipment and stable workflow are looking to add a Workshop Controller to their ranks.
- Support the Body Shop Manager and act as deputy in his absence.
- Control of the day to day body shop operations.
- Provide customer estimates on schedule with accurate charges and costs.
- Maintain the company manufacturer and insurance approvals to a high standard
- Ensure jobs are fairly and correctly allocated to body shop/workshop technicians, according to existing skill levels.
- Meet with staff to update individuals on performance and Technical/Quality updates.
- Work closely with Body shop Manager and Office Manager to ensure work progresses efficiently through the workshop.
- Authorise consumable and internal parts requisitions.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are observed and maintained at all times.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools and equipment and ensure the Body shop Manager is informed immediately of any deterioration.
- Assist and support front house team in all aspects of operations when required.
- Circulate new and updated technical information to the workshop staff and other relevant departments.
- Maintain effective liaison with Managers and customers with daily progress updates.
- Record and analyse customer surveys, complaints and Manufacturer check programmes.
- Submit and analyse monthly figures to Manufacturers
Key Skills Required
- Proven track record as a Workshop Controller/Estimator within a Bodyshop environment essential.
- Leadership qualities and supervisory skills.
- The ability to assess and report on staff performance.
- The ability to discuss and negotiate agreeable solutions to customer problems.
- The ability to maintain personal technical knowledge and skills.
- Technical qualifications and an up to date knowledge of consumer and vehicle legislation.
- Strong understanding of customer expectations, customer handling skills and empathy.
- Knowledge of warranty, customer care and goodwill procedures.
- Ability to effectively organise workloads whilst maintaining workshop efficiencies.
- Knowledge of Audatex Estimating system
PLEASE NOTE – WE REGRET TO ADVISE THAT PG AUTOMOTIVE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE INDIVIDUAL FEEDBACK BY PHONE TO EVERY CANDIDATE WHO HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW. THIS IS DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE PER VACANCY. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
REFER A COLLEAGUE AND EARN VOUCHERS – If you feel that this vacancy is not suitable for you, or if you are happy with your current position, we would like to offer you the opportunity to recommend someone to us and earn gift vouchers of your choice. If you have recommended that your friend or colleague telephones our office, please advise them to state your name so that we can log your recommendation. Please note: we can only offer referral fees for candidates that are successfully placed in a new position by PG Automotive. You will be sent your vouchers by first class recorded delivery the day that your recommended candidate starts their new position.
Do you have a background in, have worked for, live in or have sold Refinish Products, Paint, Filler, Smart Repair, Bodyshop, Automotive, Aftermarket, Car Parts, Vehicle Repair, Panel Beater, Paint Sprayer, Prepper, Spraybooth, Spray Booth, Field Sales, Area Sales, UK Sales, Regional Sales, Territory Sales, Territory Manager, National Sales, Key Account, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Director, Demonstrator, Crash Repair, Body Shop, Abrasives, Masking, Distribution, Garage, Workshop, Sia, Indasa, Mirka, Saint Gobain, Norton Abrasive, Standox, Glasurit, BASF, Akzo Nobel, Brown Brothers, PPG, Lechler, Devilbiss, Refinish, Refinishing, Sikkens, Gramos, HB Body, HMG Paints, Junair Spraybooths, MKPE, Movac, U-Pol, Upol, Starchem, Lechler, Autopaint International, Brown Brothers, Deltaylo, Eurospray Systems, Burntwood Spray Booths, Cumbrian Marketing, Bodyshop Accessories, Bodyshop Consumables, Spray Booth, Trisk, Spies Hecker, Hickley Valtone, Decosol, Wurth, Dingbro, JC Apollo, Morelli, Apollo Refinishing, Bancroft, LE Went, Kent, Barnes, Regional Sales, National Sales, Key Account, Sales Representative, Area Sales, Territory Sales, UK Sales, National Account, Business Development, Field Sales, OEM sales, Territory Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Product Demonstrator, Sales Director, Commercial Director, Channel Sales, International Sales, European Sales, Sales and Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Technical Sales, Automotive, Motor Trade, Luton, Stevenage, Brentwood, Gravesend, Rochester, Maidstone, London, Crawley, Woking, Staines, Slough, Watford, High Wycombe, Dartford Luton, Stevenage, Brentwood, Gravesend,Rochester,Maidstone,L ondon,C rawley, Woking, Staines, Slough, Watford, High wycombe,Dartford,Nationwide
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org